Hearing loss is a condition seen in 1 to 4 babies in every 1000 births. It should be noticed early, especially in babies. Any to audiologist
Hearing test can be done by going to .
- Symptoms of Hearing Loss in Children
- Causes of Hearing Loss
- Causes of Hearing Loss in Children
- Do Infections Cause Hearing Loss?
- Treatment of Hearing Loss in Children
Symptoms of Hearing Loss in Children
Some of the symptoms that must be present for a child to be suspected of having hearing loss include:
- If there is a situation of not noticing and not reacting to people speaking in places outside the field of vision, hearing loss may occur.
- Hearing loss may occur if he displays a look full of fear, shivering and confusion when he realizes his name. The ambient noise level is not important for this criterion.
- For example, in a room where television is watched; When the TV is at a level that can be heard by all other people in the room, hearing loss may occur if it is sitting especially close to the TV.
- Hearing loss may occur if it makes the sounds of devices such as televisions and music sets unreasonably high.
- If he is not responding to things being said on the phone or he is constantly holding the phone while talking your ear if changing, it may be hearing loss.
- If he does not react after being told aloud, he may have hearing loss.
Causes of Hearing Loss
Some of the common causes of hearing loss include:
- Ear infections
- External ear inflammation
- Noise-induced hearing loss
- Mixed hearing loss due to reasons affecting the inner, outer or middle ear
Causes of Hearing Loss in Children
Infections such as mumps, meningitis, rubella, chickenpox and some medications can cause permanent inner ear damage and hearing loss in children.
“ International Deaf Week ”, ENT Specialist Prof. Dr. Yücel Anatolia said that if the hearing loss is not detected immediately after the child is born, a hearing impaired individual will be added to the society.
An average of 360 million around the world hearing impaired found striking Anatolia, also he said it was too much to underestimation of the number of hearing impaired in Turkey.
Stating that hearing loss can occur congenitally as well as later in the development of the child or later in adolescence and adulthood, Anadolu, consanguineous marriages are also congenital infections such as mumps, meningitis, rubella, chickenpox and some medications, permanent inner ear damage and hearing in children. can lead to loss.
Do Infections Cause Hearing Loss?
Anadolu, underlining the importance of childhood infections, said, “Measles, mumps in childhood, meningitis, infections such as rubella, chickenpox and serious diseases that cause seizures with high fever can cause inner ear damage and hearing loss. Some toxic drugs that damage the sensory cells and nerve cells in the inner ear used in children also cause permanent inner ear damage and hearing loss. “He used expressions.
Treatment of Hearing Loss in Children
Expressing that medicines to be used in infancy or childhood or during pregnancy should be used under the supervision of a doctor, Anadolu said that speech disorders mainly occur in children with hearing impairment, the child cannot speak and these may be symptoms for the families of children whose speech is delayed.
Anatolia is a otolaryngology and asked her to see if she had a hearing problem or not.