Oral wounds in babies is one of the most common issues. Mouth sores, expressed as aphthae, can cause the baby to become cranky and uncomfortable. These aphthae, or mouth sores, which usually occur during the teething period, may be due to the following reasons:
- Fever in the baby can lead to mouth sores.
- Injuries to the mouth can lead to infection and can cause mouth sores.
- Vitamin deficiencies, malnutrition in the baby can lead to mouth sores.
- Stress can also cause mouth sores for babies.
- Aphthae can also occur due to various viral diseases.
- Food allergies can also cause mouth sores.
- Biting lips or consuming hard foods may cause irritation.
Does mouth sores in babies give symptoms?
Symptoms of mouth sores in babies can be easily understood by the mother. Mouth sores, which usually occur on the inside of the cheeks and lips, can also occur on the palate. Mouth sores are round and oval in shape. The symptoms are:
- The mouth wound bursts and turns into a wound. When it turns into a wound, water spreads into the mouth and causes a bad breath.
- In case of mouth sores, the baby cannot suck milk or consume food.
- Mouth sores are often seen with an increase in salivation. In addition, high fever and loss of appetite are among the most common symptoms.
- Babies have moodiness and discomfort.
How to treat mouth sores in babies?
Treatment of mouth sores in babies
For , non-severe mouth sores are expected to resolve spontaneously. However, if there is a vitamin deficiency or different conditions, it is important to get support from a doctor. Although natural methods are generally effective for mouth sores, some babies are allergic to various foods (such as turmeric or honey), so they are not recommended to be used without a doctor’s recommendation. In case of aphthae that do not heal spontaneously (if the mouth wound does not heal within ten days), it is absolutely necessary to consult a specialist and the most appropriate treatment method should be started by the doctor. In cases such as vitamin deficiency, supplementation can be started with the doctor’s recommendation.