Nasal congestion in babies
In what situations is dangerous? Causes and herbal treatments for nasal congestion with you in our article …
Nasal congestion seen in infants some of the reasons are:
- Upper respiratory tract infection, that is, babies who have had cold and flu nasal congestion
- Babies nasal congestion may occur as a result of being in the same environment with the allergens to which they are allergic or taking food containing those allergens. Some milk and pollen can cause this situation.
- Nasal congestion may occur in babies exposed to factors that may irritate the nose, such as chemical perfumes, cigarette smoke, and a dusty environment.
In Which Situations Is Nasal Congestion in Babies Dangerous?
In infants situations where nasal congestion is dangerous include:
- There is a danger if nasal congestion lasts longer than 3 weeks in babies.
- It is dangerous if the child is younger than 3 months and if nasal congestion has begun to develop as well as febrile illness.
- If you have persistent sore throat and difficulty swallowing, the situation is dangerous.
- The situation is dangerous if the child has difficulty breathing.
- If the baby starts bleeding from the nose and this situation is repeated, the situation is dangerous.
- If the complaint of nasal congestion is getting worse day by day, the situation is dangerous.
Herbal Treatment of Nasal Congestion in Babies
Nasal congestion seen in babies herbal treatment methods include:
- Salt water: It is a suitable method for babies younger than six months. It is applied by dropping salt water into the nostril. Afterwards, the mucus that causes the main nasal congestion can be removed with the help of a syringe.
- Removing hard mucus: With the help of hot water and cotton, hard and sticky mucus that causes nasal congestion can be removed.
- Evaporator: There is a machine for the evaporation process, but parents who do not want to use a machine can alleviate the problem of nasal congestion by creating a steamy environment and keeping the baby in this environment for 3-4 minutes.