Choosing sunglasses for children The points to be considered are:
- Selected sunglasses lenses should be considered whether they have UVA and UVB protection. On the glasses labels, it is written which type of glass is, and glasses should be purchased accordingly.
- Not reducing the child’s eyesight and sun rays for more difficult to filter; Dark colored glass should not be preferred.
- light glass
Whenis moved, if the ripples on the surface are not intense, that glass is of quality. With this method, quality glass should be selected and purchased.
- Considering that the child may fall while wearing glasses, an impact resistant glass should be preferred.
- Glasses should not disturb the child and should be light. Therefore, glasses made of polycarbonate are generally preferred.
- In order not to be disturbed by the sun rays entering from the edge or overhead when the child wears sunglasses, sunglasses that fit perfectly should be preferred.
What is the Best Age for Sunglasses?
Children between 10: 00-16: 00 to the sun should not be exposed. Hats alone are not effective in protecting them from the sun. They should also wear sunglasses. The ideal age to wear sunglasses; 2 years and older. Depending on the child’s physical development and eye health, this can go up to 3-4 years of age.
Should Children Wear Sun Glasses In Summer Only?
Children should wear sunglasses whenever the sun’s rays are spread. There is no season for this.