How are natural food dyes made? How to make powder food coloring, what are the properties of food coloring? It is one of the most curious questions especially for people who apply different dessert recipes and love to bake cakes. These food coloring paints, which have chemical content and are generally sold to the markets, may have harmful properties. However, you can continue to make healthy products with natural color food dyes that you can produce by applying simple recipes in your home.
Natural Red Food Coloring Recipe
By applying simple techniques in your home, you can produce organic food coloring in any color you want with the help of many natural vegetables and fruits. Here are the things you need to make red food coloring;
- 1 medium size red beet, after washing thoroughly, peel off the skin.
- Boil the beets with a glass of water, after cutting into medium-sized pieces.
- After melting and softening, make it smaller with the help of a sharpener and drain the water.
- Immediately after cooling, freeze beet juice in small containers in deep freezer.
You can easily apply this recipe for red natural food coloring.
Natural Blue Food Coloring Recipe
Blue food coloring
What you need in your home to make are purple cabbage and baking soda. With the help of these two, you can make food coloring either blue or purple.
- Divide the large purple cabbage into 7 equal parts.
- Add cabbage and 5-6 glasses of water into a large pot.
- Boil the cabbage for about 45-50 minutes.
- If you filter the water at this stage and throw it into the freezer, you have already obtained the purple colored food coloring.
- For blue color; Put the cooked cabbage back in the pot, add 3 cups of water and boil for 10 minutes.
- After boiling is complete, strain the water and separate the cabbage.
- Add 1 piece of baking soda to the available water and mix well.
- When it reaches a thick state, let the water cool, then put it in the refrigerator for freezing.
That’s all you need to do for blue and purple natural food coloring. Thanks to their easy and fast preparation, you will no longer need to buy food coloring from outside.
Other Issues Related to Food Dyes;