A person who wants to increase breast milk; It should be fed with protein and calcium. He should never skip the breakfast meal. Dried figs, molasses, spinach, chard, collard greens should be consumed frequently. Avoid raw vegetables, sugary drinks and sweets, excessive tea and coffee consumption.
What You Need to Know About Breast Milk
Some things to know about include:
- Your breast working principle is based on filling as it is emptied Although it is hormonal in the first weeks, it provides production as it fills with a mechanical function in the following weeks.
- When enough calories and liquid are taken, the mother’s needs are met first, and then milk production takes place. If enough calories and fluid are not taken; Milk cannot be produced after the mother’s needs are met.
- The amount that comes out when milk is expressed with the pump is much less than the amount that comes out when the baby sucks.
- The closeness established with the child is a situation that increases milk production.
- Breastfeeding, the first three milk production is not in order, but after three months, only enough milk is produced for the baby.
- During menstruation, milk production is less than before.
- It is a misconception that milk leakage from the udder is due to the fact that enough milk has been produced. This situation is related to the structure of the nipple.
Why Is Breast Milk Cut Off?
Mothers who eat irregularly, who are under stress and who experience intense sadness have a decrease or cessation of milk. Breastfeeding is recommended even if the mother’s milk is low. If there is a problem with the nipple, a doctor should be consulted.