Lichen planus spots is a skin disease that can be seen at any age and occurs for different reasons. Although it is not contagious, lichen planus, which is benign, can cause serious discomfort to the person because it affects the nail and mouth. In general, the most common causes of this disease are microbes, stress and various drugs. Lichen planus rashes vary in size from 1 mm to 1 cm. These structures, which are slightly raised in general, can be purple and bright. It draws attention with gray and white lines on it.
What Causes Lichen Planus?
Causes of lichen planus is quite diverse. These reasons are:
- Stress is one of the biggest causes of these rashes. It is one of the most common skin problems in people whose work or school life is stressful.
- Lichen planus eruptions are frequently encountered in people with problems such as Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C, liver diseases and diabetes. The drugs used for these diseases can aggravate these rashes.
- Another reason is blood pressure medications and unconscious antibiotics.
What Are the Symptoms of Lichen Planus?
Lichen planus sign manifests itself the same way in almost everyone. These symptoms are:
- If lichen planus is formed in the mouth, it may make feeding difficult by causing an ulcer.
- Lichen planus in the vagina manifests itself as bright red spots. Chemical products and sexual diseases can cause this condition.
- If lichen planus occurs in the nails, it may cause the nails to break more easily.
- May cause fever and hair loss.
- It shows itself with a scaly appearance.
How is Lichen Planus Treatment?
How does lichen planus treatment go?
For it is necessary to consult a specialist. If lichen planus is mild, it is expected to resolve spontaneously. However, if the symptoms are severe and disturb the patient, a specialist should be consulted. Although there is no treatment to completely eradicate this disease, it is possible to reduce the symptoms thanks to the applications. It may be necessary to use creams or medicines with doctor’s recommendation.