Causes of ear eczema is quite diverse. Eczema can generally occur in the ears or all over the body. Ear eczema is a skin rash that occurs in the ear in general and causes itchy skin. In ear eczema, all ears can be affected, up to the eardrum. Ear eczema can cause discomfort, especially due to itching.
How Does Ear Eczema Symptoms?
Ear eczema symptoms is similar to eczema seen in other parts of the body. Eczema symptoms are:
- Dry and scaly skin eruptions may occur around the ear,
- Exfoliated skin eruptions may be seen in the ear canal,
- Redness and swelling may occur around the ear,
- Frequent itching occurs in the ear canal and around the ear,
- Discharges from the ear are also among the most common symptoms of eczema.
For these symptoms are more common, especially in cold weather. Ear eczema is common among smokers. In addition, stress and alcohol consumption, which are among the causes of ear eczema, must be stopped for eczema to disappear.
What Causes Ear Eczema?
Causes of ear eczema is not fully known. However, some conditions are known to increase risk factors for eczema. Some of the causes of ear eczema are:
- Genetic predisposition is highly effective in eczema. Considered to be hereditary, eczema can occur in the whole family.
- Allergic reactions are also one of the causes of ear eczema. Especially, eczema can be observed in the ears of people who are allergic to special foods such as nuts, milk and fish.
- People who live in places with low humidity are also at risk for eczema.
- The wrong soaps and detergents used are among the most important risk factors for eczema.
Treatment of ear eczema
For drugs recommended by the doctor should be used. Medications given for ear eczema are usually ear drops, anti-fungal creams, medications to strengthen the immune system. In addition to these medications, vinegar and olive oil are among the methods that are good for ear eczema. The doctor to be consulted for ear eczema is skin doctors.