Sleep-inducing foods are foods that contain substances that have a calming effect such as tryptophan. When consumed, these help the body to fall asleep by relaxing the muscles.
Solid Foods That Make You Sleep
Things that bring fast sleep is known as water-containing solid foods. It has been demonstrated that foods, mostly water or starch, have an effect on maintaining sleep patterns. These foods can be listed as follows:
- Potato: With the starch it contains, it regulates sleep and relaxes muscles. It is recommended to be consumed at least 2 hours before going to sleep.
- Almond: Thanks to its vegetable oil content, it relaxes the muscles if consumed just before sleep.
- Apricot: It regulates the digestive system and prevents sleep problems related to it.
- Flax Seed: If consumed just before sleep, it relaxes the stomach and prevents discomfort during sleep.
- Turkey: Foods that make you sleep very quickly, turkey should be consumed at least 3 hours before sleep. In this way, sleep problems caused by stomach discomfort are prevented.
Drinks That Make You Sleep
It has been observed that beverages containing calcium and amino acids are more successful in inducing sleep. Some sleep-inducing drinks can be listed as follows:
- Milk: It regulates sleep with the amino acids it contains, thanks to the effect of intestinal bacteria, it prevents sleep problems due to irregular bowel movements.
- Chamomile Tea: Sleep-inducing teas, the most mentioned chamomile calms the nerves, facilitates the transition to sleep, relaxes the muscles. It is recommended not to steep for more than 2 minutes.