Measles disease is a contagious viral infection that usually occurs in children. Measles symptoms has symptoms such as rash and fever. How is measles transmitted? We will convey your symptoms to you.
- What Are the Symptoms of Measles in Children?
- Is Measles A Serious Disease?
- How Is Measles Transmitted?
- How Many Days Does Measles Last?
- When Is Measles Vaccine Made?
What Are the Symptoms of Measles in Children?
The main symptoms of measles in children are:
- Experiencing conditions such as runny nose, sneezing, cough which are symptoms of common cold
- Fever rise and accordingly weakness
- Having a persistent dry cough
- Pain in the throat
- Feeling tired
- The eyes become hypersensitive to light and consequently have swollen, painful and inflamed eyes
- Formation of small grayish white spots inside the mouth
- In the body of spills to occur
A child with the above symptoms; After these symptoms, it starts to shed red and brown, flat and raised measles rash within an average of 2-4 days.
Is Measles A Serious Disease?
Measles is a serious illness especially for children. It carries a fatal risk in children under 1 year of age. 100,000 children die annually from measles, and these are children under the age of 5. Measles can cause a number of ailments. Some of these ailments are:
- Diarrhea and vomiting
- Ear pain and middle ear infection
- Eye infection, eye redness
- Having febrile seizures
- Having respiratory diseases such as pneumonia, bronchitis, croup
- Lung infections occurring
How Is Measles Transmitted?
Measles is transmitted by coughing and spreading the virus in the air. It is a highly contagious disease. A person with measles stains can be infected within 4 days.
It is recommended that people with measles rest at home and do not leave the house until the disease is over. The person infected with measles appears fourteen days later.
How Many Days Does Measles Last?
Symptoms of measles such as rash and fever last an average of 4-5 days. However, dry cough is observed for 10 days.
When Is Measles Vaccine Made?
The measles vaccine for immunization against measles, Turkey is well maintained, free 12 months and the second dose in children starting grade 1. The vaccine against rubella, mumps and measles in the nursery class in 2 doses does not need to be done again. MMR vaccine is a triple vaccine made with the same injector. This vaccine is administered under the skin. If you wish, you can take a look at our vaccination calendar.