Cerebral palsy cerebral palsy
Also known as , it is a disease that occurs when the movement function in the central nervous system is damaged and causes permanent loss of function. In addition to causing a physical disability, there is a 30% probability of mental disability.
- What is Cerebral Palsy, Symptoms, Causes?
- Prenatal Causes of Cerebral Palsy
- Causes During Birth
- Postpartum Causes
What is Cerebral Palsy, Symptoms, Causes?
Early diagnosis, although it cannot be completely treated, at least the patient can live in better conditions and in a way that the disease is less affected. Cerebral palsy disease, is a disease found in Turkey thousand at 5 percent. It can occur before, during, and after birth.
Prenatal Causes of Cerebral Palsy
Cerebral palsy (with CP) prenatal conditions are as follows:
- The baby is from consanguineous marriage
- Diseases of the mother during pregnancy
- Blood incompatibility
- Placental disorders, due to the lack of oxygen during the time the baby spends in the womb
- Genetic causes
Causes During Birth
Cerebral palsy (CP) occurring at birth include:
- Cord entanglement during labor
- Early or late delivery
- Insufficient birth conditions
- Experiencing birth accidents such as dropping the baby during birth, making mistakes in using the vacuum.
- Abnormal presentation of the baby
- Mistakes the doctor can make
The occurrence of cerebral palsy after birth are as follows:
- Baby’s respiratory failure after birth
- Having meningitis
- Having a head injury
- Severe jaundice
- Excessive fever