PCT elevation therapy is very important for health. PCT blood test, which measures the procalcitonin level in the blood and is usually performed in cases of poisoning in the blood, is very important for early diagnosis and treatments. PCT tests should be applied to determine the treatment methods and to switch to treatment in preventing dangerous conditions that cause fatal consequences in people with weak immune systems.
PCT Values That Should Be in a Healthy Person
- Generally not elevated in healthy people PCT normal values is between 0 and 0.05.
- Values as high as 0.05 to 0.5 indicate non-serious infections. For example; such as upper respiratory tract infection or dental inflammation.
- Values between 0.5 and 2 are not considered sufficient to diagnose sepsis, even if they indicate a systemic infection.
- indicates a blood poisoning, ie sepsis, in values between 2 and 10.
What are the Causes of PCT elevation?
Causes of PCT elevation can be due to many reasons. Usually, increases are experienced due to infections such as sepsis and sepsis. Infections that cause elevated PCD include bacterial pneumonia and meningitis. Apart from that, the conditions that may cause PCT elevation are as follows;
- Side effects of some drugs can cause PCT elevation.
- PCT elevations occur in cases of shock and thyroid cancer.
- PCT elevation is seen in cases where oxygen transport to organs such as blood clots is reduced.
In Which Cases and Why Is PCT Test Performed?
In which cases the PCT test is performed and why the test is used is as follows;
- It is used in the diagnosis of bacterial infections such as blood poisoning and meningitis.
- It is used in the diagnosis of urinary infections and kidney infections in children.
- Used to determine the severity of sepsis infection.
- PCT lower height for monitoring the effect of antibiotic treatments.
Symptoms that require PCT testing are as follows;
- Experiencing intense pain
- Shortness of breath problems
- Very low blood pressure
- Fever, chills and sweating
- Too fast heartbeats
- Situations like dizziness.