The meaning of the RSV virus and the ways in which babies can be protected from the RSV virus are very important for the current and future health of the baby.
- What is RSV Virus?
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus Symptoms
- How Should Babies Be Protected From RVS Virus?
- What to Do for Premature Babies RSV Virus?
- How Old Are Children Caught The RSV Virus?
What is RSV Virus?
meaning of the word RSV is Respiratory Syncytial Virus. Although this virus is dangerous at all ages, the most dangerous age groups are childhood and old age.
When this virus is caught, treatment should be started immediately, otherwise lung diseases may start. RSV occurs in most children. For children aged 0-2 RSV at least once appears. This RSV is occasionally manifested in older ages. RSV causes lower respiratory tract infections in children. If your child was born prematurely, you should be cautious about the RSV virus.
Respiratory Syncytial Virus Symptoms
RSV (Respiratory Syncytial) virus is transmitted from humans. It is a contagious virus that is common in the winter and spring months. Especially newborn babies. Here are the symptoms of RSV;
- Respiratory Irregularity
- Not being fed
- Excessive Breathing
How Should Babies Be Protected From RVS Virus?
Because your child is born prematurely, his immune system may not be well developed. Therefore, its resistance to RSV virus will be less. RSV can cause lung disease, bronchitis, pneumonia, and heart disease. It is useful to have a look at the rsv virus in Premature babies, which is our forum topic.
CAN BE DEADLY FOR NEWBORN AND PREMATURED BABIES
RSV can be life-threatening, especially for newborns and premature babies. In babies whose immune response has not yet developed or who are at risk such as congenital heart disease, they rapidly descend into the lungs and have bronchitis or pneumonia leads. Some of the babies hospitalized with symptoms such as respiratory distress, oxygen deficiency and malnutrition need respiratory support with the device. Unfortunately, it can sometimes result in death because there is no definitive treatment. In babies whose treatment is completed, the risk of developing recurrent and chronic lung disease is high in the future.
https: // www. women’s club. com / forum / threads / snow-yesterday-babies-getting-sick-viruses-microbes. 1059378 /
The methods of protecting babies from RSV virus are listed below.
- Parents should wash their hands regularly, especially before touching the child.
- Do not put your baby in crowded places. Even if this place is home, do not put it. If you have to sting, try to sting as little as possible.
- Ventilate the room where the baby is frequently.
- Try not to contact people with an infectious disease. Even if you shake your hand, the disease can be transmitted. Therefore, wash your hands constantly. You can also catch this virus from a public transit area.
- Your baby do not kiss often or let others kiss.
What to Do for Premature Babies RSV Virus?
If your baby was born prematurely, that is, before the normal delivery period, the probability of catching the RSV virus is very high and the possibility of surviving this virus is very low. Because his immunity may be weak. In this respect, RSV vaccine, you can protect your baby from RSV virus with vaccines containing antibodies.
How Old Are Children Caught With The RSV Virus?
Children’s age of contracting RSV virus 0-2 years old. More than 90% of children in the world are caught with RSV virus at least once during the age of 0-2.