Whooping cough in infants, respiratory tract. It is a contagious disease. It can also be seen in children between the ages of 10 and 15, as seen in newborns. To this disease Bordetella pertussis bacteria.
What Is The 3 Periods Of Whooping Cough In Babies?
The three stages of disease are:
- Upper respiratory tract infection (catarrhal stage): It is the stage in which low fever, chills and cough are seen. It is seen in 1 to 2 weeks.
- Severe coughing attacks (paroxysmal phase): It is the stage with coughing attacks that come at night and last for a long time. It stays in this phase for a period of 2 to 4 weeks.
- Recovery period: It is the stage in which a decrease in coughing attacks is observed. Also, with this phase, the person gradually starts to return to normal.
What are the Symptoms of Whooping In Babies?
Some of the symptoms of pertussis are:
- Shortness of breath
- Coughing attacks
- In the absence of sufficient air in the lungs, the sound coming from breathing
- Cessation of breathing for certain periods
- Percentage rash occurrence