Ketogenic diet, keto diet
It is a diet program also referred to as . The purpose of the diet; It is the conversion of sugar in the body to fat and thus faster weight loss. Weight, it also has a positive effect on physical and mental performance. It is also a diet program that is good for diseases.
Which Foods Are Prohibited on a Ketogenic Diet?
Ketogenic Foods that a person on a diet should avoid include:
- Wheat-containing products, cereals such as rice, bulgur, pasta
- Dry legumes such as dry beans, lentils, chickpeas, kidney beans
- Vegetables with a high starch content such as potatoes, peas, carrots, corn
- Sugary foods and beverages such as dessert, cake, ice cream, fruit soda, fruit juice
- Low-fat diet products with high carbohydrate content
- Ready sauces and seasonings containing sugar and trans fats
What Are the Harms of the Ketogenic Diet?
In the ketogenic diet program, it is prohibited to consume many healthy foods. Therefore, a situation arises that makes it difficult for the person to receive their daily micronutrient needs. Although this is effective in losing weight for some people, it can cause various side effects for some people. Also low carbohydrate
In diet programs made with the use of , the weight lost in the long term is regained. Therefore, ketogenic diet; While it is a good diet in the short term, it is an unhealthy diet in the long term.